Saturday, June 5, 2010

37.5 weeks




Big sisters Libby and Lexi: The girls got a bath and are now ready to meet their little sister! They had just drank water because getting a bath is such hard work! :)

This week we had an ultrasound to check in on our little girl. Because Aubrey is measuring small, my doctor wanted to do a BPP- it's basically a test that observes the way she moves her arms and legs. It also looks at a few other things like practice fetal breathing. She scored an 8/8! But I could have told them my little ninja was moving around just fine. :) They also checked my fluid levels and they were really good. This apparently is a good sign her lungs are matured. They couldn't do an updated growth ultrasound because they said there has to be a minimum of 2 weeks between scans to get an accurate reading. That means I have to go back again on Monday. It's kind of annoying to have to keep taking time off work but I guess they are going to have to get used to being without me!

Monday we will find out how she is growing and then they will decide whether or not he wants to induce me at 39 weeks. I don't really want to be induced because there is a much greater risk of it ending up in a C section but I am definitely ready to not be pregnant for another 2 weeks so I won't complain. Hopefully she just decides to come on her own and we don't have to worry about it! I am 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. It's a little progress so I'm excited. At least I know all those contractions that have been keeping me up are doing something. I just wish they wouldn't stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment