Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's a girl !?!?!















Wow, I think that's still sinking in. Last night I went home and looked at the little pink baby girl clothes and that makes it seem a little more "real". I should be used to little girls! We've got 2 nieces in Ky, 2 cousins who are like our nieces (ages 8 and 2), all our best friends have girls (Lori, Cortney, Lamonte, Kim's 2 nieces, JR & Kristen...)! I feel like everything we had picked out or liked (bouncer seat/ sports bedding etc.) is masculine. We had 3 boy names we liked and NO little girl names! Well, at least she'll have several best friends to choose from! We are going to get started on the registry now that we know the gender which is fun!

Here an update:
How far along? 16 weeks 3 days




Total weight gain/loss: Depends on what you go- by but my home scale that I use every morning it's around 7-9 lbs. By the doctor's scale I'm only up about 5 as of my appointment yesterday. I'm thinking the doctor's scale is obviously more accurate, right?!? :)





Stretch marks? None! I'm using Palmer's Tummy Butter every night so I hope it stays that way.




Sleep: Pretty good. I'm still loving all my pillows piled up around me. I found a body pillow online called the Snoogle that I'm seriously considering. Unfortunately, it's $60!




Best moment this week: Definitely finding out that we're having a daughter!




Movement: I have felt a few little pops and flutters here and there but not even every day. I can't wait until Addam can feel her from the outside but that's still a few weeks away.




Food cravings: Still nothing really. I'm really hungry right now though!




Gender: GIRL!!!




Labor Signs: None at all and hopefully not for a long time!




Belly Button in or out? InWhat I miss: Nothing really. I'm enjoying this!




What I am looking forward to: Feeling movement more frequently and from the outside.

3 comments:

  1. congrats on your little girl! that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but remember saying, "One day I hope you have a little girl just like you". Dreams do come true. It doesn't seem like that was very long ago.
    You guys are gonna make great parents.
    Super Congratulations!
    All my love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.
    Who wants to bet Little Lady Lewis already has Daddy wrapped around that tiny little finger?

    ReplyDelete