Thursday, November 12, 2009

First Ultrasound!!

Yesterday has to be the coolest thing I've ever seen. Addam was off work (Veteran's Day) so I took a half day and moved my appointment up to the afternoon. After waiting what seemed like forever (really, it was an hour and a half!), the doctor finally came in and asked a few questions then said it was time for the ultrasound. He was able to find Baby Lewis pretty quickly. We got to see the flicker of the heartbeat!! Baby is measuring right on track and there's only one in there. :) Dr. also said that once you are this far along and see a strong heartbeat, the chances of miscarriage are very low. Wahoo!!

We got a great picture where you can actually see the head and little arm buds and it looks like a baby! If I can figure out how to scan it in, I'll post the picture. Don't ask Addam though, as the doctor was moving the wand, he thought it looked like a little shark. Due date is still set for June 21, 2010. Now we're excited to finish sharing our news with friends and extended family!

2 comments:

  1. This is really going to be fun. A great way for all of us to be a part of the process.
    Love, GrandMa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very excited, and Anna thank you for letting me in, you will be a Wonderful mom and this baby is going to be one of the luckiest babies on earth. I love you

    ReplyDelete